PCSI Solution For Employers
Would you be interested in a much simpler way of protecting your organization from the Dependent Contractor issue and employee misclassification?
Would you also be interested in having a legal defense fund available should a contractor claim they are dependent?
There is a simple way to protect your organization from all the emerging issues that are threatening the contractor model as we know it in Canada. It’s PCSI. And it comes with a legal defense fund.
It is common for organizations to think there are only two options to choose from to address the quickly escalating issues surrounding employee misclassification and dependent contractors.
- Transition all contractors into employees
- Remain status quo and hope to continue to fly under the radar
As the contracting landscape quickly evolves in Canada PCSI Certification allows organizations to continue to use the same contractor model but without the risk of being found guilty of employee misclassification or having your contractors deemed as dependent. It’s an easy solution to implement.
Your organization can simply have your current and preferred contractor base become PCSI Certified. PCSI Certification also allows contractors to continue to work as a contractor without the risk of being reclassified as a PSB by the CRA.
PCSI Certification costs a lot less than one would think for this type of protection. The benefits far outweigh the costs. Everyone involved wins!
Benefits of PCSI Certification for an Organization
Using PCSI Certified contractors mitigates the risk of your contractors being reclassified as dependent on your organization or your organization being found guilty of employee misclassification by:
Mitigating severance risk
Mitigating future potential tax liability
Mitigating penalties and fees related to misclassification
Removing concern of all the criteria used to determine contractor dependency (control, ownership of tools, risk of profit/loss, degree of integration with the organization)
Providing the organization with a legal defense fund should a contractor claim they are dependent
Maintaining the contractor model
The Impact on Contractor Payment/Payroll
The impact to your Accounts Payable/Payroll team will be minimal. In fact, because PCSI can consolidate the invoicing for all your contractors it may even make the process more efficient for your team to process.
- The PCSI Certified contractor sends their approved time sheet with an invoice to PCSI
- PCSI manages the invoicing with your organization (end client)
- Your organization pays the invoice to PCSI
- The PCSI Certified contractor receives payment via EFT from PCSI
How is the PCSI Solution Different?
- Current Case Law supports our protection offered to employers and independent contractors
- We offer a unique model to independent contractors that significantly mitigates financial risk for both contractors and employers
- The PCSI Solution is CRA compliant